1. Keep Your Car Warm (Or Cool!).Depending on where you live, this could be one of the best reasons to buy and install a remote starter on your car. When you've been at work all day and your car has been sitting in a frozen parking lot, the pain and discomfort of getting into a frozen car is not the best feeling in the world. On the flip side, if its summertime or you live somewhere that is constantly hot, stepping into a car that is actually hotter than it is outside is arguably a worse feeling! Well, with a remote starter, you can start your car and the heater or A/C well before you get into your vehicle. Let me tell you, one of the best feelings is stepping into a warm car when its 10 degrees outside!
2. Warming Up Your Engine. Its always better to drive away with an engine that has been warming up for a few minutes than immediately driving away after starting an engine that has been sitting in freezing temperatures for an 8-hour work day. With a remote starter, you don't have to worry because you can start your engine before you get to your car so by the time you get there, its warm and ready to go! This greatly increases the longevity and performance of your engine.
3. Safety. There are way more benefits to remote starting your car other than your own comfort. By pre-heating a car that has been sitting in a frozen tundra of a parking lot with snow and ice pelting it from all directions, it makes it way easier to defrost and remove ice and snow from the windows, mirrors, and headlights. Have you ever seen people driving in winter with 3 inches of snow still sitting on the hood? Don't be that guy.
4. Re-sell Value. As you'd expect, having a remote starter on your car greatly increases the re-sale value of your vehicle, should you wish to trade it in or sell it in the future. This is especially true if you live in a cold region like Boston!
5. Security Features. Contrary to popular belief, remote starting your car DOES NOT make it easier to steal. Remote starter systems all require the key to be in the ignition or the key to be in the vehicle before shifting from Park to Drive or Reverse. In fact, your remote starter can even alert you if the car's locks and security systems are being tampered with and allow you to set off the car's alarm remotely!